Friday, December 19, 2008

Back To Paris.

I head back to Paris in less then four days and I couldn't be more excited. It is undoubtedly my favourite place in the entire world with the exception of siting in front of the kelp forest tank at the Monterey Bay Aquarium (especially with my ipod in listening to Clair De Lune or Eluvium's Talk Amongst Trees album). Oh the simple life. I must soon start revising (aka studying) for my exams that are in January.

This weekend my friend Mr. Strehl from home and his friend Ollie came up to Scotland from London (where they study) and visited. It was a good time. We went to Edinburgh which I really like, and went to some stores. I bought a jumper (sweater) from H&M and found the cutest organic (greenly produced dress) in Top Shop that I may given and buy online. I also spent a lot of quid on books. I know I should be reading more of my globalisation books and less of my leisure books but a girl can only absorb so much on globalisation before her head will explode. Ollie and Mr. Strehl left today. I think they missed London (but really who wouldn't though) and I could sympathise (probably more then they realised) from my own longing to be back in San Francisco.  I guess that makes it very well that I go to Paris in 4 days because I miss the big city life dearly and since Paris is my favourite it is only proper. (By the way I'll post the rest of the pictures of Mr. Strehl and Ollie's visit later)


Today I went to Church for a carol service with my friends it was the first time I have been to Church in years and I probably wont be back for sometime. Don't get me wrong the carol service was lovely and they church was nicer then all I have been to in America in terms of trying to not force religion down your throat. But I have come to the conclusion that I know what I believe and that Christian church just isn't my cup of tea. I'm going to try and make Latkas for my friends tomorrow (and I hope I don't epically fail), though I have a sneaking suspicion that they are more excited about driedel then Latkas (which I am the most excited about, hahah).

I had mulled wine and minced pies today with them which according to Katharine, Jen and Katie (my friends)  minced pies and mulled wine are a tradition in the UK. And I have concluded that it is a tradition that I am going to bring back with me, as well as roasting chestnuts because all three are absolutely fab.

I love and miss you all. I wish I could be home right now. I just want to give a special shout out to the Franklins (especially my second mommy) and tell you all that I love you and wish I was home with you!


I love and miss you all at home. Travel safe this holiday season!


xoxo
Glatty 


No comments: