Thursday, December 11, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like....

The holiday season....

It really is my first properly cold holiday season and I have to say  that though I am glad that I am experiencing it and going to visit my friend Jonathan in Paris for Christmas/Hanukkah, that I really miss being home in California. This is my first Christmas/Hanukkah not at home so it's really weird. I feel so strange being a ALMOST 21 year-old and still missing home and wishing I was there for Christmas/Hanukkah (hence forth referred to as CH/HA) like a little kid. I guess I am not always as mature as I wish I was. I recently got Ms. Salvi's CH/HA present and the Franklin's CH/HA present in the post and I just wanted to thank them for making my day and say that though I much rather be with you guys getting something in the post from you guys really lifted my spirits!  We had a New Hall Christmas party the other day, it was a good time but I miss all the Christmas parties at home and the one that I have with all my girlies every year... *tear*

I've taken to roasting chestnuts lately since they are cheap in the grocery store and it seems Holiday-ish.... and I absolutely love them. I'm kind of addicted to roasting chestnuts now. So weird I know but it's fun and I recommend it to everyone at home who thinks is just part of that one Christmas song. I mentioned trying to make Latkes for some friends so they could experience Hanukkah and most of them didn't know what they were so I guess I'm going to be wrangled in to making my Latkes (that never seem to compare to my dads) again this year....

School is going ok.... to much reading though but hopefully I make it through and can still get into Law School in the end. 

Miss you all. I know that once I go to Paris my posts will be more exciting so just wait another 12 days!!!

xoxo
Glatty


ps. I just want to say a happy birthday to Ms. Salvi who has been one of my best friends for about 19,835,793,248,075,349,870 gajillion billion trillion years now. Love you forever. Happy 21st, make it count babe it only happens once. 

No comments: