Monday, February 8, 2010

I'm not going to post about Saints...


Because I don't care about football (American football that is). I really like European football (or soccer) so shout out to all my European and English/Scottish readers about my trip this summer? Lets take a detour to Stamford Bridge.

So I know this isn't down some of your roads but I really want to post a quick link about this blog I've been following thanks to a friend Docta Shoes. He sent me to this blog Style Rookie started by a girl named Tavi. She must not be older then 13 or 14 since she just had her Bat Mitzvah. I've been following it for a little bit and while I am not really into fashion its really refreshing to read a blog by someone who is so inspired and excited by something. She has come under some criticism lately because (since she has started to get more famous) more attention has been paid to the trips she gets to take to go watch front show fashion shows (while missing school). It really makes me sad that people are baggin' on this girl who is just pursuing what makes her happy. Man doesn't it just feel like yesterday that we were all so
inspired by something? Maybe you wanted to be superman, or a nun (like I did after watching the Sound of Music), a ballerina, or a doctor? Seriously, if we all pursued what we want like this girl maybe adults wouldn't feel so repressed. I don't know that just me... I'm getting off my soapbox now.

On a brighter note... My cumpleaƱos is coming up soon and I was thinking about what would be the ultimate birthday cake. I'm thinking one shaped like a giant lobster with fake seaweed and oysters all around it.... or a scene with Hans Solo, Chewbaca, C3p0, R2D2, etc, etc. Or maybe the two combined? Because that sounds very cool.


xoxo
Glatty


Ps. Stairs + Slide = All my childhood dreams.
This picture spammed from HERE

No comments: