Sunday, May 3, 2009

The May Dip!


So this weekend was the May dip in St. Andrews... Basically:

The May Dip is a student tradition held annually at dawn on May Day. Students stay awake until dawn,( or in my case I took a wee nap and woke up at 4) at which time they collectively run into the North Sea. The May Dip is also traditionally the only way of removing the curse inflicted by stepping on the PH cobbles. If a student is to step on the stones he/she can be forgiven if on the dawn of the first of May, they run into the North Sea.

-I decided it was in my best interests not to run into the ocean (especially the North Sea and after finally getting over being ill for a long time) so instead I just dipped my hand in and filmed my friends being crazy running in. There is a video below and here are some of the pictures!

There were tons of people (even more then in this photo)

My crazy friends who did the May dip

The smart ones who didn't

After the May Dip

My version of the May Dip

The video of my friends running into the North Sea filmed and commentated on by yours truly!



Fun was had by all!


xoxo
Glatty


No comments: