Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Hey guys,

Apologises on the lag of information, was super sick there for a while (no I didn't have swine flu). I finally took my last dose of antibiotics last night... Whoo HOo.... and I am feeling relatively better if still a little tired and stuffy. While I was sick I didn't get anything done... which really sucked  and just laid in bed all day and slept. So now I have major work to do on essays... I have one due tomorrow (which I am super stressed about) and one due Monday. I know I should be working on my essays instead of writing on this thing but I need a bit of a break... the topic of Chinese democratisation is like a marathon  for my brain (I still have about 800 words to go by tomorrow... ick).

I thought I'd take a little time to share two unimportant things that made me think recently:

1. Ok not to get all PETA on everyone (in fact I really like meat and have a few things made out of leather)but.....Today as I was on my way to a lecture I saw this rabbit (who was obviously either old or very sick) being chased and bitten by a pair of black crows... (though I am not one to meddle in cycle of evolution/nature) it made me kind of feel bad how the rabbit was being tortured and bitten by the crows so I tried to swat them away when the rabbit came close to me (don't worry Mom I didn't touch it, I'm not that stupid). As I kept walking I mentioned to the girl walking next to me how kind of sad it was and she said "It just has [some sickness], who care if its going to die any ways...".  I am sorry, but people like her are the people who truely scare me in this world... yea it was only a rabbit but if you can't muster sympathy and compassion for other living creatures (especially ones that are dying) then what really sets you apart as a human from other living creatures.... ?

2. Today in the library I saw a very old many wearing a suit of blue crushed velvet.... it made me chuckle and think to myself gosh when I am that old I hope I'm a badass like that....


Ok so those last two things were really admittedly unimportant but whatever... I need to take my mind of my essay for a while. By the way my California crew.... In a month the glatty returnth... now get rid of swine flu or I'm not coming home at all.... joking. The countdown begins.

xoxo
Glatty


No comments: