Sunday, April 5, 2009

Smoking a Cuban...

Due to some unfortunate circumstances (i.e. the American trade embargo) I have never been able to smoke a cigar from Cuba.

Due to a more unfortunate circumstance (i.e. my chronic bronchitis here in Scotland that has yet to go away) I have given up smoking large cigars. My unfortunate health problem has presented a great problem while studying over here in Scotland because it is much easier to get my hands on a real Cuban cigar in the UK then it would be in the US. While not going back on my word and smoking a large cigar yesterday I was presented with the unique opportunity to smoke a Cuban cigarillo. For those of you who don't know a cigarillo is a smaller version of a cigar. There is no filter and you are meant to smoke it like a cigar (not inhaled like a cigarette).

One of my friends Ms. Scholarios went with her lovely boyfriend (for all intensive purposes we will call him Mr. German) on a trip to Slovakia and Austria. There Mr. German bought some cigars and cigarillos that had been imported from Cuba. When they came back to Scotland Mr. German was kind enough to share two of the cigarillos with Ms. Scholarios and I. Being that they were Cubans and cigarillos (not large cigars) I let myself partake in the uncommon pleasure (at least for Americans) of smoking them with her. It was a small pleasure that I don't usually don't allow myself anymore. (Don't worry Mom I wont start smoking large cigars again) But I documented it. Bahah. Cause when again am I going to be able to smoke something that came from Cuba?


From Cuba BABY....


Oh yes.


You can laugh at me because they are smaller cigars but the fact of the matter is I fulfilled a life long dream while not going back on my word about the larger cigars. 

xoxo
Glatty

P.S. It was completely legal since I:

A. Didn't try to smuggle them back into the States
B. Didn't buy them
C. Didn't go to Cuba



No comments: