Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Bringing the Flava to you everyday.......

There are days where I think that I could stay over in Europe for the rest of my life. And then there are days where I really miss San Francisco. But today, I love it here. I am currently in the process of planning trips to Amsterdam (Yea Mom, be worried. Very worried. Haha. JOKING), Paris, Berlin and Spain with my friends and I realise that Europe is a lot like San Francisco (just more spread out). One of the things that I love most about San Francisco is that you can start off in China Town and take 3 steps and be in North Beach (the Italian neighbourhood). That's what I like about Europe. I could get up one morning and decided that I want to have lunch in Italy and fly to Italy and then catch a flight to Paris and have dinner. I can experience two extremely different cultures in the period of 24 hours. Something that I think America lacks (with the exception of the big cities). Now all I have to do is find a European boy, fall in love and get married and never come back (joking MOM).


xoxo
Glatty


Food for thought: Part of me thought that going to the UK would feel different because everything is older here. The buildings, the family histories/names, the art. But it's really not. When I came to Europe as a visitor, everything felt so old compared to back home. But that's the thing, I was just a visitor. After calling Scotland my home for a bit now I realise that the age of this place is irrelevant. Buildings that are older then my country are less impressive now. Am I disillusioned? Is it a bad thing? I don't really think so. I've come to the conclusion that age is irrelevant. Just because something is old doesn't make it interesting, and just because a country is ancient doesn't mean that they don't have just as many problems as other younger countries (However, lets be honest the UK still has it more together then the US).

No comments: