Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election, Guy Fawkes Day, and Power Outage...

OBAMA!!!!*

Last night I went to and election night party and watched as Obama started gaining key states. It was really interesting because most of the people who where there watching the election were not American which I think spoke to how important this election was to everyone. It was so energizing to be in the room when it was announced that Obama took electoral votes in certain states. Everyone was cheering and screaming. On that note I am really glad that Obama won last night and got chills watching his acceptance speech. I can't wait to see what the next four years will have in store for us! On the other hand I am extremely disappointed that Prop 8 passed in California. I thought Californians were better then that and cared about equality. To me what I was most disappointed is people lack of respect for the equality that should be extended to all. No matter what you religion equality is important and isn't it the bible that says "Love your neighbour" (John 13:34-35). I still have hope for the supreme court ruling against it though, so we will just have to see.

Ok, I'm off of my soap box now. Today is Guy Fawkes day in the UK which celebrates the day that Guy Fawkes didn't blow up parliament (he tried but failed). Basically its kind of like 4th of July with lots fireworks and bonfires. 
Here is one of the verses that people say:
Remember, Remember the fifth of November,
The gunpowder, treason and plot,
I know of no reason 
Why the gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot"

Tonight we had a black outage, and it took forever to get the power back on but I guess thats Scotland. I have a few friends who would really like to be mentioned on my blog so here they are:
Katharine Bain
Jen Jewell
Bronwyn Gent

... so there now I've mentioned them. AHAHAHAHA. 

I hope all is well at home. 
xoxo
Glatty


No comments: