Sunday, November 16, 2008

Thai food

I am writing this blog from one of the cliffs that overlooks the north Sea on the path to the pier. Today I got ready to work on my essays that I am so behind on that its scary, but I go up too early (in my eagerness to start them) and walked to the library an hour and a half to early. Sometimes I’m so absent minded it’s scary. I am sure that some of the people walking the path to the pier think that I am an absolute nutter right now. Oh well.

I cannot wait for these essays to be done so that I can finally go travel. I wont be coming home for Christmas, instead I am going to go visit my lovely friend Jonathan in Paris, then after that I hope to go to Spain, possibly for New Years but after that I really don’t have plans… I’ll just travel where ever the world takes me!

 

Last night I went out to a lovely meal with some of my best friends here. We went to (I think the only) Thai/Sushi (yes the two are combined) restaurant in town. It was really nice and the food was really good, but not like anything I get in San Francisco.  I have to say though, when I saw a Wasabi Martini on the menu I just had to order it….very very interesting.

 

By the way, was there a full moon last night because there was a whole lotta weird going on in St. Andrews. My friend Bronwyn and I decided to go out for a drink and chat about her trip to Amsterdam, but the first pub we went to (The Rule) was just a hot mess of people dancing dressed up in weird costumes. We decided it wasn’t really our thing so we went to another pub down the road (The Vic) where we were then hit upon by a extremely drunk (and way older then us) Scottish guy who seriously creeped us out to the point where when he turned his back we made a mad dash for the door. He insisted he pay for our drinks and I was like “NO, THAT’S OK” and he was like “No, I willlllll…” this exchange went on for like 3 minutes until he turned around to ask the bartender about ordering drinks and we walked quickly away. Don’t worry Mom I made it home safe. But seriously, I was so annoyed that we just went home. Ugh, cant a girl just get some attention from a guy who is non-creepy, closer to my age and not drunk. K, Thanks.

 

Now I’m off to increase my growing anti-social tendencies by spending a whole day in the library trying to get work done on my essays. I’m just that exciting. Sometimes I can’t believe people read this thing because I am so boring…….

 

Xoxo

Glatty

 The fires in California: By the way, to all of those at home in southern California, my heart and my thoughts are with you right now. I know some of you are on warning right now and I just want you to know that I am thinking about you.

 

 

No comments: