Thursday, October 30, 2008

A little of this, A little of that

Today I realised how much I really do miss home. I haven't really thought about it much since I have been so busy. But I realised that I miss home, and my dog, and my family, and friends, and burritos, and the smell of San Francisco after it rains. It's not to say that I don't LOVE Scotland. I do. Except for that whole freezing and rainy all the time bit. 

I'm starting to pick up on the words here. By the time I come home I will be speaking what most of my English friends refer to as REAL ENGLISH. I've started say cheers (= thanks, not good bye as most Americans think), trousers (= pants), trainers (= athletic shoes) , trackies (= sweatpants),  jumper (= sweater), veg (= vegetables).... etc.

I have also been trying English food out, which in my opinion is a little bland (at least the stuff we get in the dinning hall is). So far I've tried: haggis, Marmite (this good spread that is veg extract), black pudding, Mars Bars (soooo gooood), fish and chips (obviously) and my personal favourite.... KEBABS (not like the kind what we have in the US. They are like donner lamb on top of a pita and onion/cabbage salad with chili or garlic sauce. mmmmmm sooo good).

Played in my first lacrosse game in 3 years yesterday. Fun Fun. 

Hope all is well with you at home! 

xoxo
Glatty

No comments: