Sunday, October 12, 2008

So that one time....

 So I forgot to tell you guys this because my first month of school was insanely crazy busy but....

So when I was in the Manchester Airport waiting for my flight to Edinburgh I randomly started chatting up this guy  and this lady who were sitting by me. The lady was  a little more talkitive and really cool. She does sound for bands and has done things like Cochella and traveled all over the world. This guy was pretty nice too. Well it turns out she does sound for this band called the Charlatans (which to be perfectly honest I had never heard of until that point). And he was in the band too. I, as I always do, stuck my foot in my mouth and asked him if he had a myspace page and he was like "Uhhhh. Yeah". Needless to say they invited me to their show in Dundee, I went and looked them up and apparently they have been around since 1990. I'm going with my friend to their show on Thursday and I am being put on the guest list which makes me sound way cooler then I really am.... They are pretty popular and I just didn't realise. Part of me is really embarassed to go and see them again because of how obvious it was that I had no clue who they were and part of me just knows that I am not cool enough to be put on the guest list to anything.... I guess this will be a story to tell my childeren one day. My mission here in Scotland to become worldly and cool has already been accomplished. Time to go home now.... (Just kidding)

I just thought I'd share another interesting thing that has happened to me over here in the UK. 

xoxo
Glatty



No comments: