Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A trip to London...

Heya,

So I recently got back from my trip to London which was crazy and fun. I went and visited Mr. Strehl and he and a friend (Ollie) took me around to all the touristy sights one day and shopping the next. It was loads of fun and it reminded me of San Francisco a bit but with about a 4 times more people. I really liked it but I would have enjoyed it more if it wasn't so rainy the whole time. We went to Camden Square which is kind of like Haight only a tad more intense. It was a bit of a culture shock to be honest, because I have gotten use to St. Andrews but I enjoyed it. It reminded me of all you crazy nutters at home. We also saw Big Ben, Parliament, The London Eye (though Strehl refused to go on it because it was so expensive), etc. It was fun but a TON of walking. And I'm not going to lie, I kind of thought Big Ben was going to be... well BIGGER. I mean they call it Big Ben and all but it was more like Medium Ben. I should talk to some people about adjusting the name. Next time I go I plan on going to the Royal Ballet and Strehl says he'll go with me if I buy tickets so we'll see how that pans out.

Later that day we went to a club which was fun though the music got kind of repetitive, and I have never paid so much for a drink in my entire life. 10 dollars for a freaking drink, OH MY GOSH I would rather chew my own hand. But whatever. Dancing was fun though all the girls dress up so much there. As I was walking out of the club I was just like "How can you be dressed in that, its like 50 degrees below zero". Needless to say I don't think I will ever be able to keep up with London girls on the dressing front because I refuse to walk on cobblestone streets in heels (an accident waiting to happen) and put on clothes that may ultimately lead to me contracting frostbite.

The next day Strehl and Ollie took me to Oxford Street which was amazing. But I was acutely aware that I was dragging two boys around with me all day shopping so I tried not to make them stay in any shop for too long. It was a good day but I was soo tired from going around everywhere from the day before, it was also my Moms birthday so I just want to take a little time right now and tell my Mom (again) HAPPPY BIRRRTHHHDAAAYYY. 

I went home on Monday. I almost, ALMOST missed my train but it in the end I made it. Right now I'm having problems posting pictures of the trip on here so I will try again later.

For now its back to work because I am now up to my eyeballs in school work and I have two 5,000 word papers due on the same day. ARGGGG.  If you want to know anything else about the trip shoot me a line on my email or leave a comment. 

xoxo
Glatty


No comments: